Friday, July 18, 2014

Cast List

This week Amy Wilkinson, Autumn Robinson and I sat in auditions for the show. We were pleasantly surprised with the large number of talented actors who came down. Auditions can be terrifying and we felt everyone did an great job.

Then we had to figure out who to cast. I don't stress as much about casting as Tony Mannen does, but many of the actors auditioning are my friends and I care about them and their feelings so when I don't have a role for them it hurts my heart to have to tell them. This show, like others I've directed, necessitated a couple of those notifications. In a way I prefer producing large cast shows where it's easier to use everyone who auditions. But not every show has a large cast and we turned away 4 talented ladies.

I always tell kids in my classes that casting is like a big puzzle. As a director you look at who you've got auditioning and you move them around until the pieces fit into the picture you have in your mind. Sometimes it's easy to eliminate pieces because they are not quite at the level they need to be, but in this show it was not easy. That being said the direction team would like to sincerely thank everyone who auditioned and are proud to announce our cast and crew for

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Tamara Harmon - Director
Amy Wilkinson - Musical Director/Olive's mom
Autumn Robinson - Choreographer
Taia Stevens - Assistant Director
Bryson Hatfield - Chip Tolentino/Olive's dad
Megan Johnson - Logainne Schwartzandgrubenniere
Peter Stone - Leaf Coneybear
Daniel Gardner - William Barfee
Rachael Wilkinson - Marcy Park
Meghan Burnham - Olive Ostrovsky
Rebecca Warwick - Rona Lisa Perretti
Brendan Rowlands - Vice Principal Douglas Panch
Jennifer Miller - Ms. Mahoney
Brandon Lee - Carl Grubenierre
David Jay - Dan Schwartz
Devin Blackburn - Jesus Christ

Remember show dates are September 11, 12 and 13. at 7:30pm We will have a SATURDAY Matinee at 2:30pm. Tickets will be available online August 1, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment