Wednesday, July 23, 2014

First Meeting!

One of the hardest parts after casting is waiting for the first rehearsal to begin. I personally don’t like to start rehearsals until the actors have spent a little time with their scripts. It is much more efficient to run rehearsals without a script in hand. So for the next week my wonderful cast will start to learn their lines. 

We spent some time last night singing through some songs and listening to the reference recording. One of my favorite parts in the beginning is the creative juices...the possibilities. Bouncing ideas back and forth with my direction team and actors about wigs, choreography (big lifts!!??), difficult harmonies.

I love it. Every minute of it. I cannot wait to start our first rehearsal next week.

On that note: While you are patiently waiting for the Putnam spellers to get their act together check out some great theatre this weekend!


You can see “How I Learned to Drive” By Paula Vogel directed by Jennifer Miller. The show runs July 24, 25 and 26 at 7:30pm at the Sligar Auditorium (Next to Elevation 486). Tickets are $10 and all proceeds will benefit the Crisis Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment